Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday

So I just learned what this was all about today. Since tomorrow is the beginning of Lent "Fat Tuesday" is get everything out of your system because you are cut off after that for 40 days!" LOL.
I will be fasting tomorrow as well as no chocolate for 40 days. YEP I said it...NO chocolate for 40 days! So MY "Fat Tuesday" will not consist of TOO much partying except with me and my bag of Chips Ahoy cookies!! I may have some emotional posts in the near future so hold tight..hahahaha!

This is actually a very important Lent for me. I never really got into it before, but since I am starting to get really connected with church again - I am very excited for this! I can't believe how much I have learned in these past few months! It's aweeesssooome! And I am happy to report and let you all know that Jarett and I will be getting our marriage blessed by the Catholic church on April 12th (Easter). We met with our priest today and he said he wouldn't mind doing it after the last mass on that day since a lot of our family will be here!! How cool is that! We never got to "renew" our vows for our 10 year anniversary last month, so I am very excited that we are getting to do this!!! YAY!!

The kids and I got to play outside today for a couple hours. It was a bit chilly but bearable until the sun started going down. I busted out with their jumping castle and they loved it! (well Kylie and the neighbors kids, Josh was a bit intimidated) They had a blast and it was fun chatting with my neighbor friends. Our neighborhood is just so awesome and I love the people around here!! People in the South are just so darn friendly!! LOVE IT!


Until next time~

6 comments:

  1. Wow, no chocolate! You go girl! I will be praying for you. Congrats on the blessing of your marriage. I know it will be so exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the blessing. I am sure that will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen, my name is Jen!! Welcome to SITS!! It's a great community and I know you'll be glad you joined!!

    Good for you for fasting and giving up Chocolate! I am considering giving up diet cokes! That's my weakness!! I have until tomorrow morning to make up mind for sure!! I could just give up eating lima beans or something!! Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about the computer??? HAHAHAHHAHAHAH ya right! LOL!

    I'm so excited for you, getting your marriage blessed! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VIsiting from SITS!!! You have a cute Blog. GIving up chocolate would be hard for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i am so happy for you getting your marriage blessed is great! me and my hubbie have yet to do that since we have been falling from the church wagon..

    ReplyDelete